Shindle Family Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Hello Again

I hope everyone is having a great week. I know I am. It is hard to believe that Christmas is almost here. It seems like yesterday that I began the school year with a new class. Where does the time go? I guess when you are busy time flies.
Our Kitchen is pretty much completed except for some painting that we want to do. That may have to wait until the summer but I am hopeful I can do it on my Christmas holidays. With a retired father who used to be a painter in his younger days (along with every other potential job) I should be able to find some help. We are really happy with the results and I will post a picture in the near future.

The hockey team I work with (Pembina Valley Hawks) as Assistant/Goaltender Coach is doing really well. We are undefeated in 17 games and in first place in our division. Graham (my Brother) is the Assistant Coach, and a friend of ours, Rob Smith, is the Head Coach. It has been a lot of fun to go to the rink and work with those guys. It is hard to imagine how much you don't know about hockey. I learn more than I teach everyday.

Kolton's hockey is going well. He enjoys the time at the rink and doesn't complain too much about going. For a 4 year old he is not a bad skater or player so I think he will get quite a few years of fun out of the sport. He is also up to the letter J in Nursery School. It is remarkable how much those little guys can learn.

Jayden is the same as always. He is charming, stubborn, happy, and usually hungry. Our big project is to toilet train him over the holidays. He is only 2 1/2 but because he is the size of a 4 yr old the diaper is looking pretty funny. Our neice Kylyn basically trained herself at the age of 18 months so I am considering having her over to train Jayden. Oh well, it isn't like Jayden will be wetting his pants when he is 16....does it?

Angie is working hard and doing really well. She was given a two week holiday to Mexico as a reward for putting in a lot of extra effort over the last year by her boss. Daren is really generous and we owe a lot of what we have to the opportunities he has provided Angie with. Of course if Angie wasn't smart, dedicated, and hard working those opportunities wouldn't have amounted to much.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home